Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP): Electrification by Solar
Project Title: Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP): Electrification by Solar
Integrated solar electrification of 10 Village of the Republic of Djibouti project
Chebelley (Arta), Holl holl, and Goubetto Assamo (Ali sabieh, As Eyla, Yoboki (Dikhil) Dorra Assa Geyla (Tadjourah) Alaili Dadda, Khor Angar (Obock).
Donors: OPEC-FSN-Government of Djibouti.
Other partners: Electricians Without Borders (ESF), French Association of Volunteers for progress (AFVP).
Estimated Cost (in millions): U.S. $ 6.9
Type of Funding: Don
Agency implementation: Djibouti Social Development Agency (ADDS)
Starting Date: First Quarter 2009.
Estimated Closing Date: First Quarter 2012
Purpose of the project:
Overall purpose: to contribute to improved access to basic social services (water, electricity, health and education)
Specific objectives of each village:
– Electrifying social facilities.
– Conduct a public lighting.
– Make available energy to all households.
– Improving access to water.
– Support community development through capacity building and promotion of IGA (income generating activities).
OPEC: us $ 6 million
– Electrification of social amenities.
– Public lighting.
– Access to household energy.
– Access to water by solar energy.
– Creation and capacity management committees.
– Promotion of IGA (income generating activities)
ADDS (FSN): U.S. $ 0.6 million
– Feasibility study of the project.
– Monitoring during the project.
– Monitoring and support after project.
Government of Djibouti: U.S. $ 0.3 million
– Exemption of taxes (customs clearance)
– Provision of land.