Djibouti Social Development Agency
As part of the implementation of the INDS initiated by the President of the Republic , it is proposed to establish a single institution that would combine the two main tools in the fight against poverty namely ADETIP and FSD . Two tools that have funded a wide experience in the fight against poverty through the implementation of infrastructure and community and the promotion of income-generating activities through micro-credit facilities projects.
This institution would have the status of a Public Company at Administrative character. It is proposed to call » DJIBOUTI DEVELOPMENT AGENCY AND SOLIDARITY – ADDS ‘.
Established by Decree No. 0025 dated 08-01-2008 , the Djibouti Social Development Agency is a public institution with a social and administrative and financial autonomy .
It is under the administrative supervision of the State Secretariat for Solidarity which attaches to the Prime Minister.
The Social Development Agency ‘s mission is to contribute to the fight against poverty and vulnerability by supporting sustainable development projects in a participatory , partnership approach and proximity.
Indeed, ADDS mission is to mobilize and implement funding and support such actions contribute to:
- To improve the living conditions of disadvantaged groups (men, women and children) , including the achievement of collective infrastructure;
- When creating sustainable employment and income generation for vulnerable populations with economic difficulties in entering the labor market (especially women ) ;
- Strengthening relay structures (associations, consultants (s) , development workers , public and private organizations working to achieve the objectives assigned by the Agency ) by providing support in training and / or equipment , capable of improve their technical and organizational response capabilities.
The intervention strategy
ADDS focuses its intervention strategy prioritizing five approaches are preferred:
- Land for an integrated and coherent response to a defined space;
- Participatory and empowering ;
- Proximity to stick better to the socio-cultural realities on the ground ;
- Emphasizing partnership contracts , the principle of » Make do » and accountability partners ;
- Consideration of Gender and environmental approaches.
DJIBOUTI SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
Established by Decree No. 0025 dated 08-01-2008 , the Djibouti Social Development Agency is a public institution with a social and administrative and financial autonomy . It is under the administrative supervision of the State Secretariat for Solidarity which attaches to the Prime Minister.