Strategic plan of individual drainage
Project Title: pilot phase of implementation of the Strategic Plan of Individual Drainage (PSAI)
Coverage Area: Strategic Plan of Individual Drainage (PSAI) aims to identify improved and sustainable sanitation solutions for people who do not have access to a sewerage service (sewer).
People meeting this definition can therefore be found in the country, including downtown, but mainly in:
– The dispersed rural areas, often nomadic or sedentary way;
– Heads-Places District (CLD) Ali Sabieh, Dikhil, Arta-Wea, Tadjourah, Obock;
– Outlying areas of Djibouti, particularly located in the west of Wadi Ambouli.
Donors: World Bank and UNICEF
Estimated Cost (in millions): U.S. $ 462,000
Type of Funding: Don
Agency implementation: Djibouti Social Development Agency (ADDS)
Joining Date: Last quarter of 2009
Estimated Closing Date: Last quarter of 2011
Project Objectives: The project aims to:
– To provide national authorities an operational tool for planning individual sanitation in the territory of the Republic of Djibouti;
– Identify improved sanitation and sustainable solutions for people who do not have access to a group of sanitation services (sewer);
– Bring the population through awareness campaigns to acquire an individual purification works;
equip by 2015 nearly 23,000 households.